Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Heavy Heart


This is a list of people somewhat connected to me that have died in the last couple weeks. My heart is heavy. I didn't know any of them very well, and some not at all, but their lives affected either mine or affected lives I care about, and it is hard to watch people I care about mourn.

I guess it's making me realize my own mortality too- only one of these people was over the age of 26, and even he was only 55, not 'old'.

I also wonder what God is preparing me for- often, I've found, when I experience something somewhat removed from a situation, it means that God is preparing my heart to experience it in a much more personal way- kind of getting me used to the idea, and giving me resources to pull through.
In this case, I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home