Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Thursday 3

I didn't so much get the hang of Thursday this week. But it turned out all right.
Wednesday evening I had the hang of. I was sure that I had nothing due Thursday (because I never do), so I was carefee and having a delightful time. I had a wonderful afternoon with my fiance, and after dinner he dropped me off at my dorm. Wednesday night, however, not long before I was ready to go to bed, I suddenly remembered something my professor Tuesday had mentioned briefly, something about a test Thursday. I confirmed this with my classmate, then scrambled to find the Powerpoints on the network where they ought to be. They weren't there, and I assumed this was because I was trying to access them from my room, rather than from the CSS network.
I hatched a plan.
I would go to work 8-11 Thursday morning, as I always do, then, right after work, get on the CSS network, copy all the powerpoints I'll need to study to my USB drive, bring my laptop to bowling, and study between frames. Brilliant! Then, I went to bed.
After work today, I get to the CSS lab and discover, no, it wasn't that the powerpoints weren't accessible from my room, it was that they weren't accessible from anywhere. Cool. No one in my class has studied. So I sought out a sysadmin and he remedied the issue, I copied the files, and the plan worked! I then went to lunch.
During bowling, another guy in my class and I tag-teamed, frantically studying-bowling-studying-bowling. I'd say it worked rather well. I also thought it was an interesting study in multitasking- I've heard that girls can multitask better than guys, and I bowled better in all the games than he did while we were both multitasking, while normally we are about even. Fun stuff.
So after bowling, I feel only slightly more prepared for the exam, and am still a bit annoyed that the notes weren't up for us to study until 2 1/2 hours before the test.
After all this scrambling, I get to class and mention the dilemma to the professor, who says the test will be on Tuesday instead.
All that work for nothing.
Happy ending, though. On other happy notes today, I got a summer job, went to dinner with Kristen, Josh, and Josh's friend Phil, went to a very fun concert, and went to Ivanhoes.
Now for homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home