Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, December 15, 2005

"My" radio station

I really didn't know what to blog about today. Nothing but finishing up my co-op has been on my mind and nothing interesting had happened in my life. Well, until this morning. This may sound weird, but it's only because you didn't get to experience it.

There is a radio station in Toledo, Yes FM that I love and listen to all day, every day at work. Now, this radio station has three transmitters; Lima, Toledo and Wauseon and an online transmission. Due to the wonderful snow we got today, all three transmitters were down for an hour or two, meaning that those listening online were the only ones listening. Now, I don't know how many people were listening, but it all of a sudden felt like Yes FM was my own personal radio station. The DJ was talking to the online audience and singling out some of the ones that had e-mailed him, myself included.

While everything seemed normal, when you think that you are one of 50 (maybe) that is listening to this radio station, you feel special! The best part was that the online listeners could now compete in call-in contests. See, there is a delay when you listen online, so by the time you hear the contest, they may have a winner. Well, now, in effect, there was no delay; only online listeners were able to hear it. And that is how I won their "Mystery History Tune" contest!! What a fun day!

You know, now that I write it out, it doesn't seem that cool. Oh well, like I said, it's only because you didn't get to experience it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

I think it's pretty cool.
:-P

12/16/2005 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home