Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, December 01, 2005

My new favorite phone

This phone is a model 2 generations newer than my current phone, and I think it is very cool.
On Nokia's European site, it says this phone will be available in first quarter, 2006. Not that I would or could get a phone right after it is first released. But I COULD go into the store and play with one :-D

Interesting Features of the E70:
  • A 2-megapixel camera. - This is the size of the digital camera I've been using the last 3 years, and I am delighted with the pictures. Unfortunately, my current camera is lost, and my current phone, whihc I adore, doesn't have a camera. I did find it interesting - they're marketing this phone to business people, then put a camera in it. Many workplaces are banning cameraphones for security reasons.

  • A bigger screen - Of course, I'm delighted with my color screen as it is, but this one looks slick.

  • A new operating system - it looks to have more applications and features, and perhaps an easier-to-use email interface. I could never get the receiving-email bit on my current phone to work, though I send it fine.

  • Communications ports abound - You've got Bluetooth? So does the phone. How about infrared, USB, WiFi, or a Nokia data cable? You can talk to the phone. According to the site, it is possible to use WLAN, Bluetooth technology, USB and infrared at the same time, if you really wanted to. The surprise to me is that infrared hasn't been phased out. Laptops used to come with an infrared port, but I don't see it as much anymore.


I'm way too excited about this. It's silly, I won't get one, at least not for a very long while.

Last Thursday I was in Carmel.
Today I am in Upland.
Next Thursday I will be in Atlanta.
The following Thursday, I will start in Upland then go to Carmel (actually, I may go to Carmel Friday. I haven't decided yet.)

I can't wait till I have a place I can stay put at for more than a week or so at a time. Though I am definitely not complaining about the Atlanta trip :-) More on that next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home