Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Winter (or almost)

"Lines written by a bear of very little brain:
On Thursday when it starts to freeze
And hoar-frost twinkles on the trees
How very readily one sees
That these are whose---but whose are these"

That came from my favorite calendar ever- a Winnie the Pooh calendar with quotes and pictures for the original book. I though it was fitting, seeing as Findlay just had their first snow of the year last night. When I was hearing about the weather for today (and really, for the next few months) I was not excited. I love the cold much better than the humidity of Texas and I enjoy snow, but for some reason I wasn't ready for it this year.

That was all until I work up this morning, saw the dusting of snow and walked into work. Yes, it was cold and the wind was biting, but later in the day, it was sunny and beautiful. I realized I was really ready for winter (or wintery weather) to be here.

One nice thing to note: I will enjoy the first part of winter more than the past two- this time I only have to be out in the cold to and from my car at work, not back and forth multiple times a day for classes. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home