Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Who am I?

So last Thursday I was unable to blog because I was on spring break. I went to Daytona Beach with a mission trip from school. We handed out free hamburgers and hotdogs and talked to people about their faith and God. It was incredible. God used our team in amazing ways and made us one big family. It was great to see God use the small body of believers to reach others and spread His name.

But now I am back in Indiana and wondering what happened to the person I was down in Daytona. I have been struggling to figure out who I am and who God wants me to be. Being in social psychology, I have been learning about behaviors and attitudes and how they are related. What makes the person? Is it what I think or what I do?

There are two "persons" living in me: my earthly self and the one that has been saved and is striving to live for Christ. Who am I?

"Who am I? This or the other?
Am I one person today and tomorrow another?
Am I both at once? A hypocrite before others,
And before myself a contemptibly woebegone weakling?
Or is something within me still like a beaten army,
Fleeing in disorder from victory already achieved?
Who am I? They mock me, these lonely questions of mine.
Whoever I am, Thou knowest, O God, I am Thine!"
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home