Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Big Ben is from Findlay, OH

I had another plan for my blog today, but being from Findlay, I feel the need to let the world know that Ben Roethlisberger is from Findlay, OH. (In case you don't know, Ben is the quarterback for the Steelers, who are playing in the Super Bowl Sunday.) My small town of about 40,000 has gone crazy with talk about Big Ben and the Steelers and the Super Bowl. Here are some links about the man himself and his life in Findlay. It seems like that's all our newspaper can cover right now!

Some interesting "personal" stories about Ben

  • My brother has played basketball against Ben when he would come back and join the high schoolers during open gym. He dunked over my brother
  • I watched a high school girl's basketball game last year and sat maybe 8 feet from Ben (he was watching his younger sister play)
  • All those at FHS homecoming football game were honored to see Ben return to his former school and stand with the team as they played. I got some decent pictures =)

Ok, enough bragging. I just had to let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home