Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, February 23, 2006

What to say

What can I blog about after all of that?

After having watched "Flowers for Algernon" put on by our school theatre department...After having talked with some good friends and just being relational...After having looked up at the sky and been speechless...After having no words to convey my thanks to God for all He has done...After having words of thanks pour out of me: my life, my friends, this school, the beautiful night, the things God has been doing in my life; and still none of it can fully express the jumble of praise inside...

After having spent time on my back, looking up at the stars and praying: for the young men on the baseball team, for my wonderful roommate, for her good friend...After having lay silent in the cold night under God's handiwork...After having walked back to the dorm and realizing my own weakness and asking for God's strength...After God's control over the songs that are played right now on my iTunes: All The Words by Kutless and I'm Speechless by Avalon.

Nothing I say will come out right. There is nothing that can express how I feel...

"I will try to explain these feelings that are true
So looking to the sky I will sing and from my heart to You I bring
All of the words in all of my life that could never explain and never describe
All of my love, which is nothing to hide so I lift up my hands and I worship
I worship You...
By Your grace You let me come talk to You
It's not that I'm worthy I thank you Jesus
For the love that You have shown"

"I'm speechless
I've tried to write the song
I've searched my heart for phrases
But they only catch a glimpse of all You are...
When it comes to You I'm speechless
Nothing holds a candle to the wonder of Your love
I'm amazed by Your grace
Your forgiving embrace
And I'm finding words could never be enough"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home