Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, April 21, 2005

From None to Two

So, it all began in February...well actually before that, but February the 10th is a good place to start. I went to a job fair with my roommate and others from Taylor and handed out my resume to a few companies. I was looking for a summer internship having something to do with computers. I received a warm welcome from Ontario Systems and was told to look for them on campus in a few weeks for an interview. On the 22nd on the month, I had my interview here on campus. Things seemed to be going well- I got an e-mail asking for a bit more information and permission for a background check.

But then the wait. I called to check in a few times and was finally told to expect an answer the week on April 11th. That day, I received an e-mail saying that their search had led them to other candidates. I took it well, though it was my first choice for summer jobs. The next day, I received a phone call informing me about another different opening than the one I interviewed for. I called back on the 15th and found out that they had an internship that sounded like something I would like.

I received a call from a guy who knew more about the job today. He explained that there were actually two jobs that they have open as of right now. One is working more with customers and the other is with programming and web design. He said I should call HR when I decide which one I want so that they can start the needed process for the summer. I was in shock! They are offering me TWO jobs and I get to pick which I want! This is the craziest thing. I wasn't expecting any job offer from them. Thank you, God!

Now my only problem is which one to select...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home