Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's Thursday again. This has been a somewhat stressful week. I think I want to go and curl up and sleep and read for a few days. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will happen until over a week from now. So be it.
Busy-ness this week:
  • Last weekend was Josh's famiy reunion. It was delightful. There were 55-60 people there, and, this being my 3rd reunion, I knew much of his family, and familiar faces are always fun. A thought while I was there: next time I go to this Burress reunion, I'll be a Burress. :-) The day in the sun and the pool and chasing around kids was exhausting, however, and I slept well Sunday night.

  • When we got back, Josh picked his car up at my apartment and when he went to leave, it didn't start... didn't start... started, but white smoke spewed out the exhaust. Neither of us were very happy. I have a lot of sentimental value attached to his car! He called to have it towed Monday to the mechanic's, not wanting to try to start it again. Of course, when it gets to the mechanic's, it starts and runs beautifully. The mechanic couldn't believe that smoke came out of that car, that looked to be in such good shape. He said there must have some sort of blockage in the fuel injector, from bad gas or something, and it was cleared when the car finally started. Anyway, while it was at the mechanic's, Josh had him make the muffler stop rattling and check the break pads. Now the car is happy and all is well. Josh got it back after work yesterday.

  • On top of the two of us being down one car and being tired from the weekend, this is moving week for me. My lease in Muncie runs out next Monday, so I'm moving into the apartment in Upland that I will live in for the next 9 months. We spent Tuesday night packing boxes, getting ready to move and went to pick up keys for it and move a carload into the new apartment last night. Friday Josh & I are heading to his brother's house to pick up a truck to move things that won't fit in my Civic, and Saturday is Moving Day for everything. My parents are coming up to help move and clean.

  • Friday afternoon before picking up the truck, we're meeting with a florist. I hope that goes well. I don't know a thing about flowers.

  • Sunday through Friday next week, Josh and I are taking a trip to Georgia. First, we'll be in Atlanta visiting my aunt & Georgia State University, then we'll hopefully go to Columbus, GA to visit another aunt & my grandmother, who is currently in the hospital. The end of the week will be spent with my mom's parents, then we'll head back to Indiana for a couple days' rest before Josh starts school Monday.

And that's the summer, essentially. Blogging might not happen next week, as I'll be in Portal, GA with grandparents.
until then, as Garrison Keillor says,
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you got a neat blog here! I've already bookmarked it.

I have a Home Depot Ceiling Fan site/blog. It covers all Home Depot Ceiling Fan related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8/11/2005 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home