Hang of Thursdays

"It must be Thursday... I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A newfound hobby

I've been interested in photography for a while, but it wasn't until this summer that I've gone nuts. I've loved taking pictures of whatever I've been doing every weekend for the last few months. I loved even more going out and finding events that afford good picture taking opportunities. This weekend I got some shots at Conner Prairie, but finished the roll at my husband's aunt's birthday party, where I think I took one of my best photos ever (This is a scan. I apologize if it looks a bit dusty.).

I think a good photo has depth to it. It tells a story with just one image. I caught a moment with my 5 year old nephew that did just that. He quickly finished the shrimp he had for dinner (you can see the empty plate), then asked over and over again for dessert. Dessert wasn't coming fast enough! His parents knew better, and shrugged off his pleas and gave him a coloring sheet to keep busy. They can be seen in happy conversation in the background. He is not so easily distracted. Here my nephew sits, forlorn and pining for the cake that was on its way.
From A Fall Weeken...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home